Monday, June 6, 2011

Vacuum Cleaners...Not Just for Your Rugs Anymore!

Who knew that there are so many other uses for vacuuming than just cleaning your carpets?! Maybe I was just having an "off day" or maybe my brain turned itself off and tuned into the calming whir of the vacuum, or maybe (and this is probably the case) I was just being lazy.

After sweeping my kitchen debris into neat little piles on the floor, I grabbed the vacuum from the game room closet where my son was playing with his LEGO's. I began as I normally do; plugging the rubbery hose to the vacuum so I have a "focused" suction and the crumbs (remember them from an earlier post?) don't blow across my floor. So I go rolling by the stove top I noticed a few dried penne pasta shells that had escaped the pot a few days earlier, yeah, you see it coming don't you? I reached that little hose thing in between the stove burners and VIOLA, it sucked those shells right up. Needless to say I was thoroughly impressed with my new found cleaning tool! It sucked up all manner of stuff on my stove top and flat top grill; it got the melted hard cheese from the quesadillas a few days earlier, it even got a morsel of egg from Sunday Brunch! I've never claimed to be a great house keeper.

I was so happy I wanted to try out more new time saving efforts, but first I emptied the whirly bin of trash and then started hunting! I made a sad attempt at vacu-dusting, but think I'll need a softer attachment, I tried to vacuum our dog, but he had no part of my Master Clean plan. As I retired the vacuum for the day and begin to put it back in the game closet, I looked around the game room; LEGOs everywhere!

I'm telling you I sucked up about twenty of them in no time flat, it was AWESOME! Little Luke Skywalker mini-figures whirling around in the bin, green bricks zipping past me in a fury of wind and then my son caught sight of what I was doing and ran to unplug my new cleaning device.

I'm still in trouble with him and he's not talking to me. But I retrieved all the LEGOs from the LEGO "torture device"; Luke has a few bumps and nicks, but I think secretly my son thought I was cool too! Or at least that's what I'm telling myself; that, and enjoying a few hours of silence!

No comments:

Post a Comment