Monday, October 31, 2011

Writers Block

Yep, there it is. Looking at me with its blank stare. Daring me to write something profound, witty, cliche, historical (you know I'd never do that), exciting. The trouble is, its winning today.

I had something queued up in my brain this afternoon. I was washing my hands, leaving the bathroom and BAM, it just came to me, like a flash of lighting. It was insightful, useful and a bit of silliness in there too, for Halloween's sake.

I left the bathroom, got distracted with dirty dishes, laundry and a meatloaf; and now it's gone. The dishes are in the dishwasher, the rugs are clean and in the dryer, the meatloaf is waiting on me, but the thought is gone.

Oh well, maybe tonight as I drop off to sleep with the help of a Melatonin and Valerian Root, it will come to me. Of course, I'll forget it again in the morning, but be assured, you would have loved it!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment