Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How Long Can It Really Take to Name Your Blog?

Apparently quite a long time. I'm sure I put WAY too much effort in trying to think of just the right name; one that expressed my inner most thoughts and personality. One that made you (the reason I'm here) say, "wow, she's got great insight into this crazy universe! I should follow her every waking thought!" We'll maybe not that prolific, but I'd would have liked something close to that train of thinking.

So, I ended up with TeamPlatypi. It's actually the most perfect name for my blog, but what exactly does it mean? Allow me to tell you.

A platypus by definition:

platy·pus (platə pəs)

noun pl. platypuses -·puses or platypi -·pi′ (-pī′)

a small, aquatic, egg-laying monotreme mammal (Ornithorhynchus anatinus) of Australia and Tasmania, with webbed feet, a beaverlike tail, and a ducklike bill.

In short, it's a rather odd animal, it loves the water and the males have a venomous spur in it's hind legs it uses to attack predators.

A family of platypus, or platypi, would be a unique sight for sure. And that my friend, is exactly what we are! We're a mish-mash of two families, created by some unknown force (aka God) and we will fiercely fight to protect one another, but normally we can be pretty fun and docile.

We all love the water, specifically we are ocean-loving sailors. We get away to the warm waters every chance we get, just to relax, sail and dine on the treasures from the ocean. We know we are lucky and hopefully don't lose sight of that too often.

My thoughts tend to be very random, but I truly look for the humor in everything I encounter. I hope you enjoy my stories, my thoughts, my passions and sorrows.

I work on developing a great ending tagline, but it might take awhile!

HAM

No comments:

Post a Comment